Quality care means a genuine commitment to every patient, every time.
As affiliates of the nation’s leading healthcare company, HCA West Florida hospitals have access to one of the largest clinical data warehouses in the world. This allows us to support physicians in adopting the best practices to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Among our achievements in 2016:
- 100% of our hospital Quality Leaders are certified, demonstrating their expertise in leading performance improvement.
- 100% of our hospitals have Chief Medical Officers who work with physicians to improve patient outcomes.
- 100% of our hospitals are designated Stroke Centers and many also offer Teleneurology, allowing our ER physicians to instantly consult with a stroke Neurologist, to ensure the timely use of clot-busting drugs when appropriate.
- Our rigid focus on Sepsis has resulted in 650 Additional Lives Saved since 2012. Additionally, most of our hospitals have earned Joint Commission Sepsis Certification.
- Together, our hospitals have reduced Blood Transfusions by more than 44% since 2013.
- Serious patient falls declined 18% last year as we expanded the Blake Medical Center video monitoring pilot for high risk patients.
- Expeditious surgery through the Geriatric Fracture Initiative is reducing complications and long-term mortality.
- Teleneurology is providing our ER physicians with instant consults for Stroke Patients allowing for the immediate use of clot-busting drugs when appropriate to reverse the effects of strokes.
- We are expanding telemedicine in the ER with Telepsychiatry to ensure patents receive needed behavioral health assessments.
- Our Antibiotic Stewardship program is stopping the overuse of antibiotics by getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time.
HCA Innovations Include:
- Recognized by National Patient Safety Foundation and Institute for Safe Medication Practices for making sure that patients receive the safest possible care.
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere for seven consecutive years.
- Our commitment to culturally competent care has earned us an International Innovation in Diversity Award from the Diversity Journal.
As part of HCA, we bring innovative health solutions to the communities we serve.
First national health system to mandate flu vaccination
March of Dimes collaboration to prevent early elective deliveries (39 weeks)
MRSA Reduction Efforts - new standard preventing life threatening infections
HCA’s Sarah Cannon Research Institute is clinical trial leader in more than 75% of approved cancer therapies